Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) usually go hand in hand as a technology pack. But the truth is that they are two different technologies and have their own separate markets. Facts & figures show the real scope of Augmented Reality:
- Augmented Reality is expected to have 1 billion users by 2020. By now 336 start-ups are listed under this category on Angelist.
- Augmented Reality device market figure is expected to reach $659.98 million by 2018.
- Worldwide shipments of smart Augmented Reality glasses expected to reach around 5.4 million units by 2020.
- Revenue from Augmented Reality is projected at four times as high as that of Virtual Reality by 2020. In fact, AR/VR could hit $150bn in revenue by 2020, with AR taking around $120 billion and VR $30 billion by 2020 according to Digi-capital.
- 60% to 70% of consumers see clear benefits in using AR devices in their daily life and at work. Source: http://www.soldamatic.com/en/6-augmented-reality-stats-will-amaze/